Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chimp, Hyena and Lion

Luders Allen

April 2008
© Copyright 2008




Above the Kapok tree, Chimp was sitting on top on a late afternoon eating fruits. Meanwhile a very hungry Hyena was at hunt and saw Chimp above the tree sitting and eating fruits, so he started looking up at her. As Hyena could not climb the tree, especially Kapok tree is one of the tallest trees in the world (he wished he could because he was starving to death), he stationed beneath the tree and kept looking up at Chimp. Each fruit Chimp consumed, she dropped the seed below the ground.

Hyena said murmuringly, “Oh Lord! Oh Lord! Oh Lord! Why doesn’t she come down instead. She keeps dropping, dropping, dropping…the fruit’s seeds below the ground, which I have nothing to with them, oh God.”

Eventually, in such a manner Hyena was so eager to see Chimp came down off the tree, he began to develop some mimic strategy.

“Chimp, you’re dropping your fruits. Why don’t you come down to pick them up?” Hyena said in a very charming and docile voice.

“HAH, HAH, HAH, HYENA, YOU’RE CRAZY. DO YOU THINK I WOULD DROP MY SWEET FRUITS JUST LIKE THAT ON THE GROUND. YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND. I AM DROPPING THEM DOWN BECAUSE MY JAW IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO BREAK THE SEEDS. SO, YOU DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THEM,” Chimp replied loudly in a manner of mockery.

“Chimp, now are you making fun out of me? You don’t need to raise your voice on me. I am just so concerned about your meal you are throwing away because I know how challenging it is to get some meal in this region,” Hyena said.

“Hyena, since when you were so concerned about me and my meal? Remember, you had my Mom and my brother for dinner,” Chimp answered.

“No, Chimp, not me! I don’t eat meat anymore. I have been a vegetarian for the last 3 years,” Hyena said.

“Ah, ah, ah, that’s right, it must be you who had my Mom and my brother for dinner. That happened 4 years ago,” Chimp replied.

“Chimp, my mistake, I mean I have been a vegetarian for the last 5 years,” Hyena said.

“You fool! It’s not me you are going to have for dinner today. You are going to get something else, fool!” Chimp whispered.

“Chimp, what did you say? I didn’t hear what you said,” Hyena said.

“No, I am not talking to you, Hyena, I am just talking to myself,” Chimp replied.

“Apparently, I heard you say you are not the one I am going to get for dinner today….?” Hyena said.

“Hyena, if you already heard what I said, why do you need to ask me for?” Chimp answered.

“Chimp, calm down! You don’t need to be so rude with me. I am just on your own interest and I don’t see why you are acting in such a manner!” Hyena said.

“Hyena, since when you used to be on my interest, Listen, Hyena, don’t give me that crap, ok!” Chimp replied.

“You see, you are upset with me for no reason,” Hyena said.

“Hyena, I am not upset with you. You are just making yourself looks like a fool before me,” Chimp answered.

“Chimp, that’s right you say to me!” Hyena said in a very sweet voice.

“If she dares coming off the Kapok tree, I swear I am going to have her for dinner just like I did to her Mom and her brother. And I am very sure I would enjoy having her for dinner more than her Mom and her brother. Because as she is very young, her flesh must be tender and juicy,” Hyena whispered.

“Hyena, you think I do not hear what you said. You know I have sensitive hears. Anyway, you are not going to have me for dinner today,” Chimp replied.

Hyena gave to Chimp praising after praising in the most convincingly flattering manners to see if she would come off the tree. Ah, nothing worked out. So, amid the course of the praising and the confrontation, far away, a grumbling noise was arising. However, from time to time, the noise was sounding louder and louder. Meantime, Hyena was carefully listening to the arisen noise and had been very vigilant. In the end, the noise just burst and sounded like a thunder above the sky: WOOH, WOOH, WOOH, WOOH, WOOH, WOOH, WOOH, WOOH!!!

“OH CHIMP, IT’S A LION. I HAVE TO GO!!! I HAVE TO GO!!!” Hyena said.

Now, Chimp began to realize something was not normal and right. Therefore, Hyena was not what Chimp thought he was.

“Come on Hyena! Despite we’ve been disagreeing in many things, but you are so enjoyable to talk to. Why do you want to leave now? Chimp replied.

So now, Chimp quickly realized Hyena was afraid of the Lion and began making a mockery of Hyena’s present situation. She learned that Hyena would not dare to face a male lion. Also, in this situation, Chimp didn’t have to worry about the Lion. She knew that despite lion could sometimes climb a tree, but not this very tall tree. Since Chimp was on top of the Kapok tree where the Lion could not reach her, Therefore, she knew safety was on her advantage.

“YOU’RE CRAZY CHIMP. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? I AM NOT GOING TO MESS WITH THE KING OF THIS REGION, ESPECIALLY MALE LION. I HAVE TO GO CHIMP!!! I HAVE TO GO CHIMP!!! BYE, BYE!!!” Hyena said while fleeing.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaah life, I thought I was the only one who was afraid of something, alas…!” Chimp whispered.



In life, there’s always something new to learn, and also there’s always a superior or a stronger force than another.

No comments:

Post a Comment